from texas to washington...

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shazza

Reaction score
...with fifteen rabbits, two dogs, two cats, six snakes, two humans, and a 26' u-haul at max capacity. four days, two all-nighters, and only two casualties :')

let's just say it was an adventure. but now i'm up here in my little mountain house on five acres with a proper bunny barn and more blackberries than i could ever want. and it's not hot! other than losing my wallet and not having internet for a week, it's been so nice.

one of the casualties was sadly my brand-new sumatran short-tail boa - he apparently had a mite issue that exacerbated the obvious dehydration everyone experienced over the trip. the other snakes are a-ok though, but he was new and quite expensive. the other death was my very old, already a bit sickly mini lop, clyde - the guy in my icon. health issues and stress seemed to do him in, but it wasn't exactly unexpected. everyone else is doing great though! the dogs love the running room and i don't know how the rabbits feel about their new living quarters, but i'm excited because i can just about double the amount of cages i have now!

whoof. i'm nowhere near done unpacking and setting up the barn, but every time i walk outside i can't believe i'm here, so i think i'll make it. and i discovered i live ten minutes from the state fairgrounds...and there was a rabbit show on saturday. so i've already rubbed shoulders with all the area rex breeders and DEFINITELY didn't come home with a new bunny ;P

:congratulations:

I'm so happy you all (more or less) made it safely to your new home! :)

The blackberries sound wonderful, I wish ours were doing better... DH loves them too, but alas, we've only had a few here and there. :oops:

Sorry to hear about Clyde and your new boa, but these things happen, eh? Given the amount of animals you were travelling with, though, I'm seriously impressed... that's quite a lot to be moving! So congratulations again on the successful move, I can't wait to hear more about your new home!
:popcorn:

Latest posts

Back