French Angora babies!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cereshill

Reaction score
One of our white FA had 6 this afternoon! She had a nest but delivered on the wire. OUr farm manager was there in time and seems to have saved the litter---her sister is due in a week.

Yikes!

one of our Silver Fox had 10 today! 2 were still born...

Yes, we are---have 6 more litters due in June too.<br /><br />__________ Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:38 pm __________<br /><br />well our first time angora doe decided to "clean" the kits a day late. So: one is missing a leg, another both ears. Out of six, two are left. We fostered the two over to the silver fox and put the maimed ones down. I am putting this down as a first timers litter. She will obviously get more chances.

i can understand putting down the one missing a leg, the missing ears? that I would have let grow out as missing ears are not an impediment to growth or breeding for that matter. :) But does....they can drive a person batty.

ladysown":3mwqfg58 said:
i can understand putting down the one missing a leg, the missing ears? that I would have let grow out as missing ears are not an impediment to growth or breeding for that matter. :) But does....they can drive a person batty.
Missing ears is a major issue as its the ears a rabbit regulates its body temperature with.
A bun without ears most likely will struggle a lot with temperature variations.

Hopefully your bun will do better the next time. First timers are nerve racking.

Riverpines---thanks! Yes, if you examine a rabbits ears, there are a multitude of fine blood vessels that assist with aspiration and cooling. Warm blood flows to the ears to be cooled by the air. I didn't see how anyone would purchase an earless bunny either... We felt it woudl be cruel to grow it out.

Latest posts

Back