For Miss M

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HHP, oh my goodness, those are so gorgeous!!! :p :p :p And congratulations on the win!!

You've got a couple more dresses and a bag, right? :p

I think Galadriel has done more with lace than I have so far. That, and she did the rabbit trim on Mom's hat. And so much more! She added a LOT of trim to her dress last year. Now it's halfway into July... gotta start thinking about this coming Ren Faire! :)

If I ever go to a ren faire im going to have to borrow the gold one from you <br /><br /> __________ Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:52 pm __________ <br /><br /> .................permanently :mrgreen:

Miss M":29bgh7vb said:
You've got a couple more dresses and a bag, right? :p

Yes, but I have to use another post to show them.

Miss M":29bgh7vb said:
HHP, oh my goodness, those are so gorgeous!!! :p :p :p And congratulations on the win!!

Thank you! :oops:

Bandits Bunny Farm":29bgh7vb said:
If I ever go to a ren faire im going to have to borrow the gold one from you

__________ Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:52 pm __________

.................permanently :mrgreen:

:twisted: I'll have to put some attack bunnies on guard then.... <br /><br /> __________ Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:53 pm __________ <br /><br /> Now for the other dresses... I'll have to take pics of the bag later.

Prairie Style:

EDITED FULL PG.jpg

EDITED BUTTONS.jpg

EDITED PG SLEVE.jpg

Second dress:

FULL EDITED VG.jpg

CUFF OUTSIDE ED.jpg

Wow!

I think, if I had to, I could maybe sew on a button. It would take some time, and I would likely hurt myself doing it, though

You are very talented.

Miss M":1x19v5b5 said:
I love the fabrics you've used, and your work is beautiful! :)
:p

:oops: Thank you!

Marinea":1x19v5b5 said:
I think, if I had to, I could maybe sew on a button. It would take some time, and I would likely hurt myself doing it, though

:lol: I've poked, stabbed, and cut myself making these. You kinda get used to the pain, though. ;)

Marinea":1x19v5b5 said:
You are very talented.

Thank you! :oops:

Sagebrush":1x19v5b5 said:
Those are all beautiful HHP! I do all my sewing by hand since I fail at using a machine. :oops:

I use a machine because I fail at hand sewing! :lol:

__________ Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:13 pm __________

Some more pictures... :D

EDITED TOP.jpg

Close up of the top of the Regency dress

EDITED CLASP FOR SKIRT.jpg

The Ren. dress has a detachable skirt that allows for easy putting on and off. The clasps are all handsewn on.

I need to stop procrastinating and take pics of my bag! I have so much to do though. :?

HoppinHalfPints":3pyp7mnz said:
:lol: I've poked, stabbed, and cut myself making these. You kinda get used to the pain, though. ;)
She speaks the truth! I even put a sewing machine needle through the side of my thumb once, pretty early in my sewing experience. Which I started sewing less than three years ago, so that's still a pretty fresh memory :x .

HoppinHalfPints":3pyp7mnz said:
The Ren. dress has a detachable skirt that allows for easy putting on and off. The clasps are all handsewn on.
Galadriel's dress has hooks and eyes, too, to attach the skirt to the bodice. I didn't need to do that with my mom's dress, though. Mom's bodice needs some adjustment... she wasn't here when I was sewing it, so I had to just follow the pattern. Bunny-Wan Kenobi has grown so much, he needs a new costume. :roll: He still wants to be a Musketeer, so this time he'll get the full works, with the right colors and all. :)

Beautiful, beautiful work, HHP!!!! :D

Bandits Bunny Farm":5qlcsfks said:
:pancake: HHP do you have the pattern for the gold ballgown? I want to try to make one

Yes I do, it is a Butterick pattern, the code is 6630. If you look it up the front picture is:

il_570xN.525998101_dyra.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Butterick-Pattern ... erick+6630

That's for a 18/20/22 size, there are others available.

Just a word of caution, if you are going to do this pattern in satin or fancy material that's slippery, buy a lot of extra fabric. That stuff is probably the most annoying thing I have ever worked with, although it looks beautiful when finished.

Good luck, and please post pictures when you are done!

HoppinHalfPints":ratuugqw said:
Just a word of caution, if you are going to do this pattern in satin or fancy material that's slippery, buy a lot of extra fabric. That stuff is probably the most annoying thing I have ever worked with, although it looks beautiful when finished.
And if you're going to use organza... don't. :lol:

Not unless you are very experienced AND masochistic. :p

By the way, HHP... there was a bag...? :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back