Fleas

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was wondering if I can make any homemade stuff to get rid of fleas or what kind of stuff that is safe for rabbits where you can also use on dogs or cats. I don't remember. I just want my bunnies to be safe just in case if anything happens.

%5 Sevin dust is safe for all three. It is safer than most "organic" pesticides. Ivomec is a good systemic, but like antibiotics, the more it is used the more various nasties adapt, so I don't advise using it on anything when there is a simpler solution.

Sevin dust, if I'm not mistaken, would be in the lawn and garden section of places like Walmart, or Lowe's... it is normally used to kill pests on fruits and vegetables, but I've seen lots of references to it being used for fleas and mites on rabbits around here and HT.

Advantage is safe for rabbits but none of the other flea treatments.

I know some people claim diotomacious earth works but I've not had any success with it.

How would you use the dust? DO yourub it into their fur, or just sprinkle it on them, or what? do you think it would kill fleas in the carpet if I sprinkled it there?

Hair loss because of several types of mites that can infest rabbits, including scabies mites, skin mites, ear mites cause pain and other problems. A severe infestation of fleas can also cause intense itching as the skin rabbit scratches its own. Fortunately, there are excellent, modern medicines that are safe for rabbits and makes healthy.

oliviathn, your shared such a unique and best suggestion to us. Now a days Modern medicines are very best and safe for animals. It makes very healthy and best for the rabbit 's skin.

Latest posts

Back