Fisk safety scissors and a double sink divider

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GBov

Reaction score
It may be a bit odd but I found last night that I could drape the fresh rabbit hide over the middle part of the sink and simply snip sideways with the safety scissors and the inner bit of the hide would life enough for the cut but the hide itself stayed down and wasn't cut.

20 min a hide and, in 7 hides, I only put three holes in, two in one hide ( cooking dinner distracted me a bit :lol: ) and one in another. But the holes were only nipple sized and right tward the edges so not much harm done.

And totally fleshed instead of my usual carp "did my best" kind of raggedy fleshing job. :cool:

I am working my way through a backlog of frozen hides stretching back over 4 years so, anyway I can come up with to speed (and improve) my processing, is a good thing!

Funny thing about kids so called safety scissors, they cut ANYTHING! :lol: <br /><br /> __________ Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:44 pm __________ <br /><br /> Have now found case skinned hides are slightly faster for fleshing this way than split open ones. :D STILL not through my backlog but at least its not growing!

The pile of dried hides sure is though. :lol:

Back