- Site Supporter
- Posts: 161
- Joined: August 28, 2016
- Location: Southern Arizona
- Thanks: 41
- Thanked: 24 in 23 posts
- BunnyBucks: 846.00
Getting weight on the mom, especially over the next few weeks is going to be your nutrition test.
Keep it up. They are so beautiful. I LOVE that Chinchilla!
"Governments, if they endure, always tend increasingly toward aristocratic forms. No government in history has been known to evade this pattern. And as the aristocracy develops, government tends more and more to act exclusively in the interests of the ruling class -- whether that class be hereditary royalty, oligarchs of financial empires, or entrenched bureaucracy."
Frank Herbert, Children of Dune (Dune Chronicles #3)
- Site Supporter
- Posts: 42
- Joined: November 13, 2016
- Location: Alberta, Canada
- Thanks: 11
- Thanked: 9 in 8 posts
- BunnyBucks: 100.00
- We have a mean weight of ~250g/kit.
- Almost everyone has had a completely uncomplicated "kithood" so far, except Blaze-kit, who managed to have some gluey nest box eyes today. Those were washed open again. That's why the poor little thing looks so sad in the photo above.
- I changed out the nest box material. I suspect in warmer climates, some people would be nearly ready to remove the next box already, but with the temperatures, I might have to leave it there until maybe 4 weeks or longer to allow a nice insulated place for huddling. So fresh bedding seemed like a good idea. I transferred as much clean fur as I could get my hands on, and topped up the straw insulation (mom, however, will probably snack on it.)
- Chill-chilla might need a new nickname. No longer is that bun chill, instead it is practicing all the hopping. So far, the little critter is up to 1x body length in enthusiastic half-binky length.
- And then, Blaze might not be the color I thought s/he is. The fur tips are lighter, the lower portions of the hairs are growing in dark. I'm thinking blaze is a steel, but I'm kinda confused. Because I'm seeing some gold/light brown in the frosted tips, and that shouldn't be possible with a Cchd/c and c/c cross. I am perplexed.
Then again, it could be the light... Hrm.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest