Finally...new camera!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Prisma

Reaction score
After months of waiting and saving, finally got a new camera. I had a few options to look at and what I've used previously to consider, but settled on trying a white Pentax K-S1. I'm hoping the investment pays off, but time will tell. I intend to try it out and see if it works well for what I want within the time period to return it if it doesn't work out the way I want, which I already checked with the retailer and that's not a problem as long as I don't do physical damage. I had tried a Nikon D3200 and 5300 (might have been a 5200 instead) of a friend's and while I liked them, they were a bit heavy for what I wanted to do and weren't as fast as this Pentax nor had the ISO or a few other options. Hopefully, with any luck, that will mean more rabbit pictures too :) I just wish it was weather sealed...guess can't have every thing on a budget.

Has any one else tried this camera before? Or have a favorite model?

I've had two Coolpix's and I've liked them; I had a Samsung somethingerother, I like the Coolpix better. One thing that frustrated me was the extremely slow time period between pushing the 'capture' button and the actual picture being taken, even when I wasn't on a slow SLR speed. Urgh. The picture was 'gone' before the camera took it, which is really annoying when photographing small children and fast moving animals. The fifty billion settings were annoying to me--I long for the days of a Kodak disposable point and shoot. Honestly, I like my iPhone camera the best, except for sunsets and other rich pictures, simply because the pixilation is way less on the iPhone.

Some friends of mine have the big Nikons with the telescoping removable lenses--but I don't have anything worth taking a picture of that requires the purchase of a $5k camera. Good luck with the new camera!!

Latest posts

Back