finally made progress on my colony

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akane

Reaction score
How do people with indoor rabbits not have them spray EVERYWHERE? Mine coat the walls several feet up.

This is my colony so far. Out of cage it's half rabbits. 1 buck, 2 does and then 1 guinea pig boar and 2 guinea pig sows. A secondary colony for guinea pigs is planned but I have to destroy a lot of interestingly built shelving systems with odd screws and weird angles my drill doesn't want to reach into. The colony has a swinging plywood door that swings shut against the tall wall on the left when you let it go. When I'm done doing things I shove the brick against it just in case. Right now I wish I could put all the cages up on wheels but in the future I will probably replace them with wire stackers instead.

5g poultry water and some boxes with one side cut out

You can see the stripping of the drywall paper. Destructive little monsters.

This was tonight's supper. Hopefully I didn't overfeed the rabbits because I haven't gathered that much greens at once yet but it's mostly huge plantain leaves and mature grasses gone to seed.

The guinea pigs might not run out of food before they get full. Hay and pellets are given before bed.

Kuwa is one of those just naturally small dwarf rabbits where all the modifiers beyond the known dwarf genes line up nicely which is why I want kits out of the idiot. He's probably barely over 1lb and yet the 2 litters he produced (that did not survive) contained no peanuts when I know at least 1 of the does had thrown many peanuts in the past. If I throw enough does in colony with him maybe he'll produce a live litter at some point.

I put a tarp up to keep the urine off the metal and wood of my outdoor rabbitry. Tarps are a tad cheaper then metal siding and treated lumber and are a lot easier to replace. :p :lol: :lol:

The wall is sealed stone blocks so it wipes clean fairly easily. I was just testing it with a mop but I haven't had time to scrub all the way around. The drywall does need more protection and some of the heavy rain water did manage to leak in the far side of the basement and go under part of the drywall. Only about 1x2' of colony got wet.

Back