Register

Filling a Rabbitry: Final Decision

Discussion of specific breeds, breed standards and selection criteria for purebreds.
3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
United States of America
BunnyBucks: 2,944.00

Re: Filling a Rabbitry: Final Decision

Post Number:#16  Unread postby SableSteel » Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:31 pm

What did you end up getting, or are interested in, SixGun? I'm down here in southern Arizona, and I know most of the big breeders here.

About the polish - some lines have the dwarf gene (most of the lines that I've seen in AZ) but some lines don't - theoretically the polish originally didn't have the dwarf gene, but it has been so interbred with ND over the years that most show quality polish you see have the dwarf gene. If you are interested in polish, I know a few great breeders in Arizona.
I have shown: bruns, hares, petites, dutch, spots, Flemish, harlequin, Havana, Himalayan, Hollands, jersey wooly, mini lop, mini rex, dwarfs, NZW, polish, standard chins, tan, vlops; American & coronet cavies
CZECH FROSTIES ARE NOT CYLINDRICAL THEY ARE JUST COMPACTS WITH A FLAT TOPLINE & EUROPEAN POSE
thesodi.com - the chicken game

Site Supporter
1 year of membership
United States of America Female
BunnyBucks: 2,146.00

Re: Filling a Rabbitry: Final Decision

Post Number:#17  Unread postby SixGun » Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:02 pm

SableSteel,
I ended up getting three French Angoras. I bought a nice buck from a vet in Tucson and bought two does from a great breeder in Denver. I'm going to stay with these guys for a while. I've entered the Tucson show in December. Maybe with showing and seeing and meeting people we'll expand to another breed, but, for now we're pretty happy with starting here.

Previous