Fighting Bucks

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hlboswell

Reaction score
I have two mini rex bucks and just last night I bought a lionhead buck. All three are just babies, so I was pretty surprised when I put the lionhead in a cage with the minis and they started fighting. :x I immediately removed the lionhead and and put him in a different cage for the night.
This morning I went to feed my rabbits and found the two mini rexs fighting. I removed the smaller one and put him in a carrier (which he currently is in).
Is that normal? Is there anything I can do to get them not to fight, because I currently can't afford to buy another cage. Any feedback would be appreciated! :D

How old are they? It could be that they are becoming sexually mature, in which case the fighting will continue. The 2 MRs probably would have started fighting soon anyway, but the lionhead stirred things up and started them off a bit earlier.

Can you divide the cage with some spare wire to separate them? I see bird cages for sale on Craigslist all the time- that would do for a small rabbit, at least for a while.

Yes. The fighting is normal. There's no way you can stop it other than to put them in separate cages or, as MamaSheepDog suggested, dividing the cage until you can buy/make more cages. At 2 1/2 months and 6 months, they are NOT babies. The lionhead is a full-grown adult rabbit, and the mini-rexes are almost full-grown.

Back