Feeding a grain mix

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my bird seed mix varies which is why the BOSS is at the ratio that it is. :) The bird seed I'm using right now has ZERO BOSS in it, most have a fairly low ratio of it.

What is the benefit of using flax? From what I understand with flax it needs to be ground to be beneficial. I don't see the rabbits eating ground flax.

I'm not experienced enough with rabbit nutrition to say whether anything needs to be added, food-wise, to your post.

But I read it in my "proof-reader/editor" state of mind, and it reads very nicely :) without any errors that I could find. :) :)

ladysown":y0ijtcbz said:
my bird seed mix varies which is why the BOSS is at the ratio that it is. :) The bird seed I'm using right now has ZERO BOSS in it, most have a fairly low ratio of it.

What is the benefit of using flax? From what I understand with flax it needs to be ground to be beneficial. I don't see the rabbits eating ground flax.
flax-seed-the-results-t10546.html?hilit=flax seed

DogCatMom":37pfguys said:
I'm not experienced enough with rabbit nutrition to say whether anything needs to be added, food-wise, to your post.

But I read it in my "proof-reader/editor" state of mind, and it reads very nicely :) without any errors that I could find. :) :)

:yeahthat: :goodpost:

As mentioned...canola is as much a GMO risk as soy plus has other issues for human health (not sure if that translates to rabbits) as does soy so may not be such a great replacement for soymeal. I have read (but am not sure how well it would work) about Austrian peas or field peas as a potential replacement for soy and as far as I know, those haven't gotten the attentions of Monsanto or the other gene-splicers.

I do like that they list very clearly what is in the recipe. That is a rarity and to be praised for sure.

Back