Experienced Buyers

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Celice

Reaction score
I tell you what I was so happy today!

4 gentlemen came over and wanted to buy some rabbits, like normal, I offer a discount to buyers that want to butcher their rabbits. 50% off the sale if they give me a usable hide and livers ( I'm preparing to make blankets and clothing out of my skins) they agreed.

But one guy can't send me the hide because he lives so far away so he asked if it was possible to butcher them now. I said yes though I was already trying to think up how much to charge a butchering fee. So I got the equipment and started to cull the 4 rabbits they got and right away they started to butcher the rabbits themselves. I was a little shocked and asked "you obviously have done this before" and they said that they butcher sheep for a living and rabbits are very similar just on a smaller scale.

in the end I just butchered the one large rabbit just to make myself feel useful and the guys took care of everything else. I got the hides and livers, dogs got the guts, the experienced buyers payed me and left with a promise to come again.

It felt so good to not have to do all those rabbits as fast as I could with the buyer looking over my shoulder!

have you guys had any experience with really good buyers that just left you really happy?

have you guys had any experience with really good buyers that just left you really happy?
YES !!!

It is such a relief to sell to people who know their stuff and you don't have to walk on egg shells before you figure out how much practical experience they have with animals versus just book knowledge, or NO knowledge :mrgreen:

I recently sold to both extremes and after the know it all, wannabe farmer, who was totally CLUELESS :grit: I was ready to stop all live sales to the general public but the next day a couple saw my ad and came by and I chatted with them for nearly an hour discussing and comparing housing set ups and diet and growth rates and my faith in humanity was restored :)

Just like when I come here :grouphug2:

Zass":220uwky0 said:
No one THAT good :shock: I hope you do get some repeat business!

So what do you use the livers for? I've become fond of making pate with mine.

It was so nice to just sit back and let some one ELSE do the butchering!

we are going to eat them tonight! I have them soaking in milk and I'll fry them up with some onions. :D

Dood":3ijx7ed4 said:
YES !!!

It is such a relief to sell to people who know their stuff and you don't have to walk on egg shells before you figure out how much practical experience they have with animals versus just book knowledge, or NO knowledge :mrgreen:

I recently sold to both extremes and after the know it all, wannabe farmer, who was totally CLUELESS :grit: I was ready to stop all live sales to the general public but the next day a couple saw my ad and came by and I chatted with them for nearly an hour discussing and comparing housing set ups and diet and growth rates and my faith in humanity was restored :)

Just like when I come here :grouphug2:

I never had this experience before and I'm just flabbergasted! even pet buyers are not that great at times and give me a big frowny face when I tell them some of my rabbits are for food. Then you have the people that show and sometimes you get called out on if some of the stock is not 'good' enough for show (this one seriously made me angry).

the people that are new to meat rabbits and wanting to get into them are nice to talk to since I'm just giving info, and I really enjoy teaching others about raising your own food.

Back