Register

Exciting morning!

Discussion of all aspects of rabbits as meat animals. If this subject is offensive to you, please do not visit.
BunnyBucks: 363.00

Exciting morning!

Post Number:#1  Unread postby Chubbybunnies » Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:12 am

We had one does deliver a confirmed 3 alive popples from what I can see in the box. Not sure how many are under and around her that I can’t see!

We also have another doe that was haystashing this morning, so hopefully she has some by the time I go to work!! :pinkbunny:

Site Supporter
6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 32,450.00

Re: Exciting morning!

Post Number:#2  Unread postby Dood » Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:46 pm

:congratulations:

The following user would like to thank Dood for this post
Chubbybunnies

Site Admin
9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership
Canada Female
BunnyBucks: 61,334.00

Post Number:#3  Unread postby MaggieJ » Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:32 pm

That's great news! :bouncy:

Sounds like you're on your way!
Sojourning in 1894 . . .

The following user would like to thank MaggieJ for this post
Chubbybunnies

BunnyBucks: 363.00

Post Number:#4  Unread postby Chubbybunnies » Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:54 am

Well, we ended up with only three healthy kits, but I can’t complain. Went out to check in them before bed last night and they had nice round bellies as well, which I was kind of surprised she fed them already.

Our other doe was stashing hay, but I cleaned out her pen and after seemed to stop and hasn’t really built a nest since. Do most does build early nest? The other three litters we’ve had, they didn’t build a nest until a couple hours before (morning of usually) do some does build them in advance? She didn’t pull any fur. Could it be a false pregnancy? She had bite marks on the back of her neck, like she was bred when we got her. That was two weeks ago. One of my males covered her and had a fall off but that was only 2 weeks ago. Any ideas?

3 seems to be the luck number for kits right now. Had one doe produce 3 and they’re happy and healthy eating regular food at 5 weeks now. One doe produce about 8-10 and it was a disaster from the get go and lost all of them. And now this doe has produced 3.