Excited! 7 days and counting

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So the heat broke in my area.... And of course, my first thought is "BREED THE DOES!"

I was looking to sell a buck (Blaze) and figured what better time to breed him to EVERYONE, well almost everyone! lol.... (Blaze will be replaced with his son, Junior... Junior is too young yet, but shows pelt colours and size that I like better)

My friend was going to cull a REX buck that has great meat characteristics, but not show; so I borrowed him for a few days to hang with Cinderella.

So here is what I am waiting for 15/16 Sept:

Blaze is a magpie Harlequin Buck
Blaze.jpg
Bread to Ester (blue Harlequin), Spots (NZ cross, broken black), Sheri(NZ cross, magpie harlequin markings)
Ester and Kit.jpg
Spots.jpg
Sheri.jpg

Mayham was a blue faun tri Rex Buck
Bread to Cinderella (broken Am Chin)
Mayham x Cinderella.jpg

Thanks everyone...

I love colours and patterning and plan on growing for meat and pelts.

Blaze has found a new home as a meat herd buck, so Junior has a few months to grow up.
He looks just like his mom Spots.

I'm excited and just a little scared that all 4 does will have "caught" That is an awful lot of bunnies to grow out...lol
You can bet there will be photos!!
I am really loving the bunnies and can't wait to have kits...lol

Also, there is a ARBA show in Komoka, Ontario (close to London) 29Oct2016.... I'm hoping to attend and maybe meet some of my fellow Canadian enthusiasts. <br /><br /> -- Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:46 am -- <br /><br /> Only a couple more days (15th) to go for Spots, Sheri and Cinderella.... All three have their nest boxes stuffed and ready.... no hair pulling yet.... ;)

Ester is due Monday 19th (after I reviewed her card I realized I bread her a little later than everyone else)
She started hay stashing this morning... so her kits were tossed in the grow out pen beside her and a nest box was tossed in......

:cheer1: :rabbit-hop1: :rabbit-hop2:

Fingers crossed for a good bunch of kits!

Well.... Things turned out better than expected!!!
Four Does, Four litters!

Opps... now I need to make sure I have grow out space...lol

Spot's Sept2016.png
Cinderella's Sept2016.png
Sheri's Sept2016.png

Ester gave me brand new kits this morning and I forgot to take a photo. <br /><br /> -- Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:46 pm -- <br /><br /> And because who doesn't like more pictures of babies.... The three "colour" variations in Spot's litter.....

Harley - Spots.png
Black and broken -Spot's.png

So those 4 does provided me with 28 little popples! (well... 3 are fosters from a friend... so the does actually gave me 25)
I moved all the bunnies to the barn... and decided it wouldn't hurt to move all the kits as one unit.....

And cause I like all you folks... here's a photo!
3 weeks old
28 baby bunnies.png
another 28 bunny.png

Back