Evil smelling pee

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imajpm

Reaction score
This past Tuesday I picked up 4 rabbits. Two were rabbits I bred a couple years ago but the owner was overwhelmed so I ended up taking 4 adults for her. They are in quarantine and their pee, arghh...I have never in my life ever smelled rabbit pee so foul. The first day all 4 rabbits had tiny poops as well. That was remedied quickly but the urine, it is a sickly sweet rotting RANK smelling odor. Those 4 stink a hundred times more than my 20 rabbits combined.

They look healthy and are in good body condition. Why on earth do they smell so bad? Can it be diet? Or can it be some sort of health problem? I own the parents to two of the does and they don't stink at all. Tomorrow I'll add ACV to their water. I've never culled due to urine stink but it is so bad I am considering it. <br /><br /> -- Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:29 am -- <br /><br /> Note to self: Hang fly bags elsewhere.

Lol so I moved the fly bag, which was not really doing much, and voila! Rabbit stink mostly gone. They still smell a bit off but no longer the gag inducing foul brew smell....

:wr_facedesk:

Interesting . . . but I don't get the connection between the fly bags and the smell . . . unless the smell was coming from the bags and not the buns.

I'd suggest putting ACV in their water in any case. Can't hurt.

It was the combination of bag plus pee that was creating a very interesting mix. Oddly, I cannot smell the bag by itself but when the rabbits entered into the bag zone, well ewww.... I think I will still add some acv.

Back