Evans Software Help?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deer Heart

Reaction score
I noticed there's nowhere online to really ask general questions about this software as I've got one. I've been using it a while now and it's been great. Now I've got a pretty specific breeding program I'm planning to get into; I've had just a blue tort e angora buck and a rew e angora doe for a while now and recently found a broken (black) tort e angora buck who carries more colors in his ancestry but he came from an hour away and still has the same grandparents and great grand parents on the one side as my doe. The available gene pool here for any more rabbits is shallow to non existent, especially if I want a pedigree of any kind to work with, so I don't mind honestly. They are definitely very strong lines and tolerate the Florida heat and humidity well.

Anyway, I decided I wanted to work with two separate lines from these rabbits; one REW and one not even carrying REW (determined through test breedings). I've only recently started breeding them but despite REW being in the lineage of my blue tort buck, I bred him multiple times with my REW doe and have gotten nothing but blue torts every time. I think I can say with with 100% certainty he has no REW gene inherited and she's a hidden blue tort under all that REW and ofc all their kits are REW carriers. How do I get this program to see that he is a non REW carrier and that she is a blue tort genetically? When inputting colors it allows me to add whether it's vienna marked, vienna carrier, or even a charlie - but no option for rew that I can see unless it is expressed. It also says 0% chance of REW with the REW doe to the broken tort buck, but he does have REW in his lineage so it's still a chance until I've test bred him to her (I hope he isn't), just extremely slim chance as it was his great grand dam.

I used Evans a while back when I was still using a PC. I love the program. The best way I found to keep track of that stuff is to add a custom field, you can go to the settings and add that. I put the genotype in, but you can put anything you want there and it will show up on the base information page for each rabbit. I have it show up on my pedigrees also, but you don't have to, it can just be in the individual rabbit's information page. You could also write it in the notes area of the breeding/litter information field.

Hahaha! Yessss, thank you so much Sunrise! I knew there had to be a way to note it somewhere. :)

Back