Electric Wire Cutters

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pheasant283

Reaction score
Has anyone ever used an electric wire cutter to cut wire to build cages? I am looking into getting one. My only concern is do they cut flush against the wire or pretty close like hand wire cutters?
Also any recommendations on brands of electric wire cutters?
Thanks

We've used side cutters (the heavy heavy ones), and bolt cutters, as well as fencing pliers. My preference is the bolt cutters for a good fast cut. However, none of them will cut off without a "snaggy bit" being left behind.

Generally, we cut in the middle of the section ,and then wrap the leftover end back over the wire. If you cut down next to the upright, you could use a grinder (we've done that, too) on the cut ends to give a smooth end. (or cover anything like a door opening with a cover)

I ground down angle cutters (standard wire cutters) till it was basically a flush cut to clean up the sharp stuff, and I also use a dremil, depending what it is, and where I'm working the stuff, cause can't really dremil in the house.

Latest posts

Back