Elbows!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Half Caper Farm

Reaction score
Emily is the first of my goats due to kid (not until March 23, though :roll: ). This morning I was able to feel itty-bitty goat "elbows" poking back at me. :D

Sigh, six more weeks to go.

Lucky you!<br /><br />__________ Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:13 pm __________<br /><br />Lucky you!

MaggieJ":31pn7qdx said:
Exciting! :bouncy:

You should call one of the kids Equinox!

Well, last year she kidded nine days early :shock: so the kids may end being named "March" and "Break" :lol: My lot usually get people names, actually. I suppose I could go with "Eostara". :roll:

Two of my does aren't due until end of April/early May and they're already huge! They both had triplets last year, so I'm wondering . . . I'd rather they didn't. I have to bottle-feed when it's triplets.

I have eleven dairy does due to kid this spring - somebody smack me and ask me what was I thinking? :?

I would bottle feed a pair for you and return them to you if you need ;)

Thanks, but you're a little far away - and what would you feed them? :) At least here, I have lots of goat's milk available which is far and away the best thing for them. I keep hearing horror stories about feeding milk replacer.

I raised a lamb on goat's milk last year - he did really well, and is now the herd "stud" :lol:

Anntann":2g7r1au3 said:
You'd have to send a mama goat along to Brody. And distance isn't a problem :D I wouldn't count on the "and return them to you" part tho :lol:

Hey, I was trying to be tactful! :lol:

not being pygoras or angoras I wouldn't be too tempted to keep them ;) a little sure ...

I have actually been a pretty good foster mom to bottle babies of a bunch of species ...and I have no problem letting babies go when there is a good appropriate home waiting for them :) or releasing them when they are wildlife

if I can get it my preference is always frozen appropriate species mum's milk .. I have used milk replacer occasionally but it isn't my first choice by a long shot ;)

Half Caper Farm":35cv34b3 said:
I raised a lamb on goat's milk last year - he did really well, and is now the herd "stud" :lol:

Goat milk is considered to be the 'universal replacement' for any mammalian orphan---If you get any extra colustrum-- freeze it for those unfortuneates who wind up with weak babies of other species, as well.

Back