Education of the general public

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harelady

Reaction score
I got an email from a member of my local rabbit club asking for help or ideas in possibly doing a educational program at a local feed store on rabbits. Backstory with the club is that though I know all the members of the club I don't actively participate in the club. I have wanted to and feel bad for not participating but with my Autism and anxiety it makes group meetings and politics difficult to deal with. But I would like to help out with an education program if I can.

So I thought I would open it up to everyone on the forum and help get ideas on topics you think would be good to educate the public about. Thanks

How about reasons for different cage materials? Why someone might want wire floors instead of solid wood, or vice versa?

Rabbit Feeding 101, Common Diseases, Rabbit Breeding (main dos and don'ts, as well as what to do if you've accidentally purchased a male and female, or have an accidentally pregnant rabbit, etc.), possibly a topic on some rabbit showing basics, (tattooing, dq's and faults, etc.) As Nymphadora mentioned, Housing would be a must. How to Properly Clean Rabbit Cages, Rabbit Grooming 101. That's about all I can think of right now. If you'd like, I can shoot you a PM on the topics I've taught as a member of my local 4-H club.

Thank you both for your replies. I have not heard back from the lady that sent the email. Perhaps I mistaken that she was looking for volunteers to help. But at any rate thanks everyone.

Latest posts

Back