edible pumpkin house

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akane

Reaction score
I cut out the top, cut a thin strip down one side so it wouldn't roll, and put a door on the left. The excess pieces went to other cages. They were still too busy eating the rind to try going in it when I left. :lol:

As the pumpkin slowly attracts guinea pigs

Depends what your rabbits are used to. If they very rarely get fresh food I would only give them a small square of pumpkin. If they are used to fresh foods they can have a considerable amount of pumpkin. I used to just pitch pumpkins against the concrete and then throw all the bits to my colonies. It's pretty high fiber and often used to settle upset digestive tracts of other animals. The rabbits just weren't as crazy about pumpkin as the guinea pigs but overall guinea pigs like richer plants and vegetables than rabbits do as well on.

If I were cutting it for a rabbit, given how that one turned out, I would cut the top off-center one direction and slit the other side to face down. Then it will slope up a bit instead of down and allow for a taller animal. Guinea pigs like little, low holes to slip through and hide in the open area behind but rabbits in my experience like big openings they can sit in and look out.

That's fine. I actually saw Setsu sitting in it with her nose sticking out last night but I didn't have my camera up there anymore. <br /><br /> __________ Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:09 pm __________ <br /><br /> 4 days of guinea pigs scraping out a pumpkin looks like this

I was going to trash it but most of the rind is still good so I sliced away the dirty portions and put a door on the right side this time.

While checking everything before bed they some how crammed 5 of them in there. :lol: Granted the silver agouti is still only half a guinea pig and several had their heads or legs sticking out but still impressive. It's the guinea pig version of a clown car.

Back