Register

Easter Bunny rental for pics

From vermiculture and selling rabbit manure to rent-a-bunny for Easter photographs, this forum is a place to discuss other ideas for making a profit from rabbits.
Site Admin
10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership
Canada Female
BunnyBucks: 61,409.00

Re: Easter Bunny rental for pics

Post Number:#31  Unread postby MaggieJ » Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:20 pm

No way, Jack! Why go asking for trouble?
Sojourning in 1894 . . .

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 5,528.00

Post Number:#32  Unread postby eco2pia » Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:25 pm

Wait he is against killing rabbits for fur, but not killing for chicken blood? And he wants to terrify a rabbit by soaking it in blood and setting in front of a dog? And "What do you care what I do with them?"

This guy is with PETA like Hitler was a good Christian. I don't know what he planned but I bet he is lying.

BunnyBucks: 2,397.00

Post Number:#33  Unread postby DevonW » Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:59 pm

I've worked with professional photographers before, I've had my rabbits in the Rabbits USA Magazine, I've even sold rabbits directly to professional photographers. A friend of mine has had her dog in movies, and every time someone is working with animals they want the owners there for the sake of the animal's well being, that and the animals are more likely to listen to the owner rather then a stranger.

Putting blood on a prey animal for the sake of marketing is sick and wrong, it's highly distressing to the animal to smell blood. When it comes to the welfare of my animals I can be the worlds biggest sh*t disturber. So I'd completely flip out on the person and say they needed serious mental help, then I'd casually mention that Westminster is a dog show, and if they think a rabbit would be shown at a dog show I'd seriously wonder how they made it past the age of 6.
Devon Ward - Certified Trick Dog Instructor and Pet Photographer.

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 7,430.00

Post Number:#34  Unread postby Jack » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:14 pm

I would post on Craigslist (its rather annomoyse) not to deal with and put his info out there, and post that he was going to Torture and KILL your rabbit so he could make an anti fur poster, and say at the best he is an IDIOT, and at worst a very sick person.

that should spark a nice feeding frenzy, esp. if you do the title right, then dump a lot of nice for sale adds at the same time, see how long they float why the crazies fight.
Thrianta Breeder extraordinaire,
well not really, but trying damn hard.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Tundra-Treasures-Rabbitry/142934279087620

BunnyBucks: 4,256.00

Post Number:#35  Unread postby Shara » Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:25 am

well, a snarling dog where the rabbit cant escape COULD kill it. I mean...they DO die of fright. When my mom first got rabbits, when I was a kid...we had a dog kill two. They actually got to one...but the other was never touched, and it's cage was unharmed.

He sounds like a mental case to me, and esp with him accusing you of lying, he may be lying, too. Or maybe he is telling the truth. No matter WHAT it is, he a VERY disturbed man. Does he know where you live? I hope not.
“We shall draw from the heart of suffering itself the means of inspiration and survival.”
~Winston Churchill

I Aspire
To be as strong as a man
As beautiful as a woman
As truthful as a child
And as loving as Christ...

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 70.00

Post Number:#36  Unread postby rabbit13 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:08 pm

yeah I wrote him back and told him that his first clue to why there weren't any rabbits at a dog show was because it was a DOG show ( hint the word DOG) lol. I gave him the link to ARBA, just in case he wanted proof that there were rabbit shows. I also told him that I preferred not to have my rabbits soaked in blood and have snarling dogs in their faces and that the answer was still no to letting him rent my rabbits and to never contact me again. I also blocked him on yahoo just to make sure. I just hope he doesn't buy a rabbit at out pet store :-(

BunnyBucks: 6,955.00

Post Number:#37  Unread postby Devon's Mom Lauren » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:38 pm

I hate to say this but he aside from BEING a jerk also sounds like he's yanking your chain.....I like Jack's CL idea though... hehehehe
Anyways he is defiantly NOT professional...blocking his email is a very good idea, I hope he has no idea where you live though.

BunnyBucks: 70.00

Post Number:#38  Unread postby rabbit13 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:16 pm

he knows I live in the same city as he does, but luckily he doesn't know where I live. Thankfully I know his name too so later on when I have rabbits for sale I know never to sell to this guy.

BunnyBucks: 390.00

Post Number:#39  Unread postby BlueCamasRabbitry » Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:11 pm

Rabbit13 - Wow, you were able to put up an ad for Rent-A-Bunny on CL without it getting flagged? Can I ask how you worded it?
I'm probably too far out in the country to have someone interested in doing rent-a-bunny. I'd have to go into town probably, but hey, if it generates a bit of income, that's worth it I guess.

I'm not sure if I could get away with putting an ad on CL. Perhaps I'll try Kijiji.

Emily

8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 45.00

Post Number:#40  Unread postby Shawnee&Trevor » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:47 pm

I want to answer the suing mom and bunny biting issue. Before the kid was allowed to take a picture with the bunny, the mom would have to sign a release form taking all responsibility of any harm to the kid from you and taking responsibility of harm to the bunny to her as well. That way legally she can not sue you because she released her kid into doing it. I model and all photographers require a release form. It's for the safety of both the model and the photographer.

I'm seriously thinking about organizing this for my Rabbit rescue group!

BunnyBucks: 7,430.00

Post Number:#41  Unread postby Jack » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:57 pm

Most of the issues come from people who have no knowledge of rabbits
then take a stressed out rabbit and give it to a kid who treats it like a rag doll

and they wonder about the problems
Thrianta Breeder extraordinaire,
well not really, but trying damn hard.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Tundra-Treasures-Rabbitry/142934279087620

United States of America Female
BunnyBucks: 31,400.00

Post Number:#42  Unread postby OneAcreFarm » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:25 pm

Devon's Mom Lauren wrote:I hate to say this but he aside from BEING a jerk also sounds like he's yanking your chain.....I like Jack's CL idea though... hehehehe
Anyways he is defiantly NOT professional...blocking his email is a very good idea, I hope he has no idea where you live though.

That was my thought, that he is intentionally yanking your chain to get a response.....

http://www.oneacrefarmrabbits.com
~A micro-attempt at self-sufficiency~

8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 45.00

Post Number:#43  Unread postby Shawnee&Trevor » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:31 pm

The Way I think I would do this is to get a bunch of Xpens put together so that it has a pretty big area then have some cloth hanging over where the backdrop would be. Then I would have the kid sit on a chair and tell him not to move. Then I would put the bunny on his lap and take the picture. The pen is up just in case the bunny decides to jump or the kid does something stupid. The only people allowed in the pen would be whoever is handling the bunny (me), the kid, and the photographer.

Anyone see any flaws in that design?
I really think that I want to do this.

United States of America Female
BunnyBucks: 48,829.00

Post Number:#44  Unread postby skysthelimit » Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:33 pm

When my mom worked for LifeTouch, I used to take my bunnies in all of the time for Easter pictures. It's kind of comforting to know, now that the bunnies have passed, that lots of people around the area, and myself included, have beautiful pictures with the most wonderful pets I have ever had.
German Shepherds*Rush Hour Rabbitry*Rex *Jersey Wooly*French Angora
http://www.foursquaremicrofarm.us

Previous