Register

Easter Bunny rental for pics

From vermiculture and selling rabbit manure to rent-a-bunny for Easter photographs, this forum is a place to discuss other ideas for making a profit from rabbits.
8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 70.00

Re: Easter Bunny rental for pics

Post Number:#16  Unread postby rabbit13 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:31 am

hey,

so I did what you all said and asked him point blank what he would be doing with the rabbit. This is what I wrote him
"I'm sorry but you made it sound a little suspicious as to what your intentions are with the photography of the rabbits. I understand someone stating they want privacy during, but it's just the way you said it. Hopefully you understand my only concern is the safety and welfare of my rabbits. So may I ask why I may not be there? "

And guess what the guy wrote back!!??

"What does it matter what I do with the rabbits? They will be perfectly safe you just can't be there when me and the girls take the pictures"

there are some crazy people out there

Site Admin
10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership
Canada Female
BunnyBucks: 61,354.00

Post Number:#17  Unread postby MaggieJ » Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:44 am

Sounds kinky to me. I wouldn't touch it!
Sojourning in 1894 . . .

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 4,256.00

Post Number:#18  Unread postby Shara » Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:59 pm

uh...wow. I wouldn't let him near me OR my buns (pun intended) for anything!
“We shall draw from the heart of suffering itself the means of inspiration and survival.”
~Winston Churchill

I Aspire
To be as strong as a man
As beautiful as a woman
As truthful as a child
And as loving as Christ...

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 8,390.00

Post Number:#19  Unread postby ottersatin » Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:17 pm

you just can't be there when me and the girls take the pictures"

Yep,
I agree with Maggie,
Let the guy get his Bunnies elsewhere!
Ottersatin. :oldtimer:
Please visit my website: http://crescentvalley.webs.com/
Sign Guest book so I know you stopped by.
Thank you Dennis.

BunnyBucks: 7,430.00

Post Number:#20  Unread postby Jack » Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:12 pm

Maybe he is a 'playboy' photographer
but then I would assume a professional, would act, um professional.

thats the bright side, so no........
Thrianta Breeder extraordinaire,
well not really, but trying damn hard.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Tundra-Treasures-Rabbitry/142934279087620

8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership

Post Number:#21  Unread postby rabbit13 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:05 pm

Lol Shara loved your comment. so true!

I'm about to write him back and tell him no way! Alot of my friends were saying I should do it anyway but just charge alot of money before hand. If the rabbits came back safe then I could return his deposit. I still dont want my rabbits being in the hands of some creep though. If he had been more polite about it I might have thought about it, or if he had been a professional from Play Boy then I wouldn't mind the cash and it would be neat knowing my rabbits were famous in a Play Boy shoot. lol, but I dont think he's a professional and I dont like how rude he was by saying "why does it matter what I do with them" Im going to write him and say it matters because they're my pets and I care what happens to them!

So I think next time I try this "Rent a bunny for Easter thing" Im only going to call up professional Photographers no creigs list. :-)

Post Number:#22  Unread postby Jack » Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:06 am

Sometimes I wonder if it shouldn't be named 'creeps list'

Gees (and I have had some, um interesting sales, let's just say that by now I'm pretty sure that there *MAY* be some pretty red jackrabbits, as I'm pretty sure that just dumping rabbit in a large "rabbit wire -yes it's a type of wire fence" 'pasture' isn't going to work so well....
Even if they are, um, er free range...
I was tempted to point out that just putting a feeder out would do much the same thing cheaper, if he was after meat, but, hey, they were willing to pay, and mister meany (and his rather sweet brother) got to run 'free'...
Last edited by Jack on Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Number:#23  Unread postby rabbit13 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:10 pm

yeah I wrote him back saying Im sorry but I cant let you borrow my rabbits for that reason because they are expensive purbred show rabbits but more importantly they are my pets and I care about their well being. I didnt hear back from him for a few days, so I was relieved that he had stopped talking to me, but today I got another message from him. Heres is the rabbit drama message lol:

"Ok, now I know you are just making stuff up. There is not such thing as a pure bred show bunny. I was watching TV last week and I saw the famous Westminister Dog Show. I sure didn't see any bunnies on the stage.

So anyway, I need the bunnies for a photo shoot. What's it to you what I do with them? They will not be harmed in any way. But since you are being Ms. Nosey Nelly I'll try to explain.

My friend and I are marketing majors and we are doing an anti-fur ad. We want to put the bunnies in a pictures that advocate anti-fur ads. We have some traps and we are going to put the pretty little bunnies standing inside the traps. With the caption "Could you kill this bunny?" Stuff like that.

Bunnies in Russia are hunted by pit bulls. We are going to have a pit bull snarling at the bunny and say "Is this the proper way to hunt a bunny?"

So when can we pick them up? I will pay extra if I can soak one in Chicken blood. It washes right off.

so it seems this guy is a complete idiot! hmm I wonder why you didnt see any rabbits at a DOG show, could it be beacuse it was for dogs! And he serously thinks that it would be ok to put my poor baby bunnies next to a snarling dog and dip them in chicken blood! I dont know if I should even waste my time writing this guy back or if I can find some way to block him.

BunnyBucks: 8,390.00

Post Number:#24  Unread postby ottersatin » Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:20 pm

Gee Rabbit13,
that Guy sounds like such a nice fella!
and quite intelligent TOO! How old is that guy?
maybe 3 or 4 Yrs old. He doesn't act like he could be much older than that.
Could it be that he has just never seen a rabbit and feels that
Rabbits and Dogs are the same animal, just with different names?
A mind is a terrible thing to waste or LOSE! :whistle:
Ottersatin. :oldtimer:
Please visit my website: http://crescentvalley.webs.com/
Sign Guest book so I know you stopped by.
Thank you Dennis.

United States of America
BunnyBucks: 10,839.00

Post Number:#25  Unread postby Cattle Cait » Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:24 pm

Hmmm. I think this man needs to learn about GOOGLE.

I don't think I'd let him put my rabbits in an anti-fur ad, considering one major rabbit market is fur.

I think that this guy is going to get a reality check when he actually graduates (since he said marketing major that infers he's still in college, right?) and people don't give him any work due to the fact that he's acting like a, pardon my French, a butthead.

I'd be happy to email him back for you, I loooooove PETA people :twisted:
Caitlin C
Webberville, MI
The Domestication of Cattle Cait
http://cattlecait.blogspot.com/

"In Cattle Cait country, you not feed rabbit, but rabbit feed you."

Site Admin
10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership
Canada Female
BunnyBucks: 61,354.00

Post Number:#26  Unread postby MaggieJ » Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:07 pm

Just don't answer. Or, if you must, send two words; No way!
Sojourning in 1894 . . .

BunnyBucks: 1,679.00

Post Number:#27  Unread postby Farm Girl » Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:04 pm

MaggieJ wrote:Just don't answer. Or, if you must, send two words; No way!

I agree with Maggie.
What a WIERD person. :shock:
Farm Girl

Female
BunnyBucks: 21,399.00

Post Number:#28  Unread postby Frosted Rabbits » Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:19 pm

Weird? no== SICK!!!
Terry
Help keep two Medical Service Dogs in top health: gofundme.com/1yvfgk

BunnyBucks: 4,256.00

Post Number:#29  Unread postby Shara » Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:08 pm

huh. I would rather my rabbits feature in PlayBoy. No wonder he didn't want to tell you what was up. freak.
“We shall draw from the heart of suffering itself the means of inspiration and survival.”
~Winston Churchill

I Aspire
To be as strong as a man
As beautiful as a woman
As truthful as a child
And as loving as Christ...

Post Number:#30  Unread postby Jack » Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:15 pm

I'd send back, that you can't support him and is agenda, as you raise rabbits for show, fur and meat, and that such an add would adversely affect your income.

PreviousNext