Ear Numbering System

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigfoot_158

Reaction score
I am having trouble deciding what to tattoo on my rabbits. I have read alot on this subject here and else where. It doesn't make it any easier to decide. I don't feel comfortable with tattoo a sex on the rabbits for the fear that it may be wrong. They have such tiny genitalia and i know from experience that people can get it wrong. I had a doe sold to me that turn out to be a buck.

My rabbitry name that I choose is Richards Wabbitry. Here are some of my ideas.

RWCAB### =Richards Wabbitry. CA is arba abbreviation for Californian B is for sex which can be change for D if it fits.
This one was my first one. Don't really like it do to it be a long tat.

H1RW1 = H is the letter of ear tag of Doe. The first one is for litter. RW you guess is for rabbitry. The last one is Kit number. This one would be used for buck only.

RW1H1 would be used for Doe.

So if there a mistake it can be just change on paper work.

As you all know I am new to rabbits so this is the first time for tattooing rabbits. My first litter is 4 weeks old yesterday so soon I will have the need to tattoo the rabbits.

What do you think of my ideals? And can it be approved a poun? Any ideals you have are very much welcomed.

I have KBTATS pen.

sounds good to me.

I always find it interesting when people agonize over tatts :) So few rabbits leave my rabbitry (or stay) I hardly tatt anyone. Just the rabbitry initials and the number of in sequence. That way if the bun never has offspring, I just reuse the tatt.

I finally decided to do:
CPR (number) (ear letter)

So a bunny with CPR1D would be CPR (Cedar Point Rabbitry) 1 (first rabbit tattooed/born) D (2016 year number in goat registries :D)

Cedar Point Rabbitry":20ko9m77 said:
I finally decided to do:
CPR (number) (ear letter)

So a bunny with CPR1D would be CPR (Cedar Point Rabbitry) 1 (first rabbit tattooed/born) D (2016 year number in goat registries :D)

I might add a letter too. I restarted the numbering when I changed names, and to help me name rabbits. This is year D, all rabbits kept will have D names.

Back