e.cuniculi- herbs and natural remedies?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
dear friends at rabbit talk, my little bunny boy has been diagnosed with suspected e.cuniculi 3 days ago, still waiting on lab results. we were very lucky to have access to a rabbit savvy vet within hours of noticing symptoms and he has been prescribed fenbendazole for 28 days. when he went in, the vet told us his symptoms may get worse as the parasite infection will become full blown later on. previously, he was only having darting eye and droopy head but he now has head tilt and is very weak, was rolling about last night past midnight, both the hubs and i were scared stiff for him! :( really stressed out at the moment, ad want to try my best to nurse him back to health. today i am on a quest and looking into natural herbs and remedies to support his healing, looked around but not sure i found some credible back up- has anyone used colloidal silver and powdered turmeric for their buns with e.c.? i read on this forum that garlic tops/garlic is good for rabbits, but not with those whose immune systems are already compromised. thank u so much in advance! a very worried bun mom

Thank u so much! :) it is an awesome article which shares experience gained over 25 years working with bunnies. i went to a holistic vet and was prescribed herbal tinctures of astragalus, liquorice and calendula and an immune support blend (not sure what is in it), so crossing fingers that bunny takes to it and does his best to fight the infection. hope this info helps other bun moms too!

Back