Dwarf Hotot Eating a Lot But Losing Weight

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The_Dutchess

Reaction score
My little brother's Dwarf Hotot rabbit has been dewormed and has been fed 3/4 of a cup to try to get him to gain his weight back, but it is not working. This happened after we switched feeds. He is really skinny, but there's nothing else wrong with him: he's a little less energetic but I wouldn't say lethargic, teeth are fine, poo is normal, no change in temperament, etc.
I'm stumped and feedback would be much appreciated by me and a new 5 year old 4-Her.
Thanks in advance!

The first thing I'd do would be to put him back on his old brand of feed. If that is the only thing that has changed and it's not worms, then the new feed is likely the cause of the weight loss.

The addition of a bit of BOSS might help too. I don't know how much would be suitable for a dwarf rabbit, so perhaps half a teaspoon to start and gradually increase to a full teaspoon. A little can make a difference.

I hope some other members chime in on this, particularly those who are familiar with the care of dwarf rabbits.
:good-luck:

Did you figure out what happened to cause the weight loss? I'm having the same trouble with a doe.

Back