Dwarf Hotot Breeding

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ron

Reaction score
Hi everyone!
I'm new here and only have about 6 months of rabbit keeping under my belt. Any advise is welcome!
My wife and I went to a ARBA rabbit show today and were amazed at the amount of rabbits and people there. We mingled and chatted up the people showing. To make a long story short, we came home with a five month old Dwarf Hotot doe. The woman we dealt with just happen to be a somewhat local breeder and who (after a little research after the show) shows up near the top of the Dwarf Hotot sweepstakes listing. To help us out she offered to breed our new doe to one of her bucks if we meet up with her at the next local show in October.
I've read that the Dwarf Hotots are hard to breed. Should do anything to try to make the October meet more fruitful?
My wife has been around horses all her life. When they were ready to breed them they would put the mares and the stallion in boarding pastures for a few days to bring the mares into heat. Do rabbits work the same way?? Do I need to borrow someones buck to get my doe ready?

Thanks!!

Latest posts

Back