ducklings

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Olimpia

Reaction score
tumblr_ob18w7iZci1tlufhfo1_400.jpg

tumblr_ob18ssGpiX1tlufhfo4_1280.jpg

Ooooh we went to the feed store this morning, and there were so many! they were $3 each and after a lot of debate my mom decided she wanted them...
we live in the suburbs so hopefully they stay quiet and not too smelly :)

Ducklings are really some of the cutest babies! :) But....they are also among the messiest!!! They can take a clean dry pen and turn it into a mudhole in a few hours. :x
Do you know what kind they are? We had some Pekins, Cayugas, Appleyards and a Muscovy. The Muscovy can only hiss, so was nice and quiet. The rest were very quacky, especially the Pekins and Appleyards. The Cayugas made noise, but the level was tolerable...for us (we live in the city, and the ducks were not supposed to be here, so the less noise, the better)

They are fun to watch, and lay tasty eggs! They love to play in water and make mud...

Pretty pretty! I really really want ducks, but no water source and I am not hugely motivated to deal with a pool right now :? . THe brown with a yellow neck look neat - I wonder what they will look like feathered out?

so cute!!, but yes very messy. Since they was from feed store my guess is the yellow is a pekin the black and yellow are roen and the tan are khakis

Oh yes I'm learning about the messy thing... not a big deal raising a bunch of ducks somewhere rural but in the city these 4 are quite filthy!

they are supposed to be muscovy. there was 20 of them- 16 muscovy and 4 pekin/rouen cross....
I'm suspicious about the grey one (top left).. it has a longer neck and a smaller tail than the other 3, and is way more wild... I may have to get rid of it if it starts to look like a different type of duck :( though she did say they were all muscovy and I'd like to believe that she knew which were the 4 that aren't....

tumblr_ob6z24UItO1tlufhfo1_400.gif

Oh the cuteness!

I started wanting one after seeing a pet one at the fair many years ago. They had it in a cat carrier thing with it's head sticking out. It was so friendly! :lol:

Latest posts

Back