Drooling....

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PSFAngoras

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
So for the life of me I can't figure out out why I keep doing this to myself. I email the lady about her, and am trying to schedule a pick up for next weekend. No reply as of yet. Hope it works out! The only problem is I literally have no cage space. Hmmm, who to sell, who to sell? Guess the idea of keeping the JW's to appeal to the current dwarf market will be getting scrapped. I like big bunnies, I can not lie ;)

I think I'm so smitten with her because I have lilacs variation does (lilac tort and gold lilac steel) but my bucks are both dilute so there's no chance of me getting a chocolate kit. I could do some major crossing and line breeding, but it would be at least 3 gen before I have any hope of seeing any variation on chocolates. This will be a major short cut!!

Keeping fingers crossed the bunny gods will keep me in their favor and help me get her!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    373.9 KB · Views: 920
"but my bucks are both dilute so there's no chance of me getting a chocolate kit."
umm? Dilute is recessive, so unless the chocolate doe is hiding a dilute gene, you'd get non-dilutes. If your bucks are lilac, then you'd more than likely get chocolates right off. :3
I want a big fluffy bunny! :C ...one that I wouldn't have to brush...

I was saying that she appeals to me because i can't get chocolates with what I currently have as my buck and does are dilutes. I only have one REW doe who is not dilute, but I can't breed her with my does and it will take too long to get chocolate by trying to breed one of her kits with one of my lilac does. :)

She still hasn't got back to me if next weekend works for pick up or not :( I don't want to pester her, but I'm impatient for an answer!!! I really like the doe

__________ Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:48 am __________

And both my bucks are blue variants...

It will be hard enough to get any chocolate kits off the chocolate doe unless either of them carry the brown gene, and I don't think that they do.<br /><br />__________ Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:08 pm __________<br /><br />WOOT!!

I get to go pick her up next Friday!!!

I did get her yesterday, I will post pics as soon as I can! Spent all day at the state fair rabbit show :)

She is an absolute love and the breeder is a completely sweet lady. She has also been showing rabbits for 35 years, so she is extremely knowledgable. I will gladly make the 3 hr drive up there again to buy future stock from her. Also, she sold the stock to the woman that my starter lines came out of, and was really bummed when the lady refused to sell them back to her ( the original lady I go my stock from was a bit off mentally, nothing wrong with the breeder I just got this doe from) so I mentioned that I have some of the rabbits that she was hoping to get. She didn't even want me to pay for the doe, she just wanted dibs on the next chinchilla kit I breed out from those two rabbits. (Been lucky to get one every litter from a that pair so far, so keeping my fingers crossed that will keep happening or ill be sending her a check in the mail!!)

__________ Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:19 am __________

I'm so happy with this little girl! I left her alone yesterday to give her some space and settle into her new surroundings, but I took her out this morning to play and get groomed. She is a love, and she's very adventurous. She jumped two and a half feet from my lap to my computer desk to have a look around and see what there is to play with up there! She loves to explore, and is not in the least bit shy. I couldn't be happier adding her to my herd.

Here's some post-grooming pics<br /><br />__________ Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:19 am __________<br /><br />

Attachments

• DSC02496.JPG
    DSC02496.JPG
    105.9 KB · Views: 850
  • DSC02497.JPG
    DSC02497.JPG
    113.1 KB · Views: 850
  • DSC02490.JPG
    DSC02490.JPG
    107.8 KB · Views: 850
It seems her face got darker compared to the first pic. Or was it the picture. She is still a beauty! I have a what they told me is blue but he is changing....I sometimes wonder if he is still considered blue.How old do they start changing?

The first pic of her was just a cell phone pic, so that is the reason for the coloring. I was surely happy to find that she was darker tho, otherwise the wool would have been too close too the wool of my grey wooled rabbits for most people to notice the difference! They all look so much alike anyway! The only other color I would really want at this point as standing out on its own compared to the other wool colors is a red! Then I'd have the basic color spectrum!

As far as them changing color, I usually see the most color change in my angora kits at the time that they molt their first baby coat and move into their junior coat, which is about at 12 weeks for my lines. You do see a bit more change as they move into their third coat too, but the most change happens at the first molt for me. I had a little buck I was fairly convinced was a blue my first litter, but he molted out to have an almost black head and feet at 12 weeks. He looked like a seal, but since that was not possible to get out of that breeding he must have been a self black chinchilla, though the wool had a more brown tinge to it. Anywho, hope that helps!

Latest posts

Back