dreaming of rabbits

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akane

Reaction score
I've been waiting so long for kits I'm having dreams about them. Amako is due in 1 day but doesn't feel pregnant. :( I had a dream last night that I checked on her and found kits. Lots of kits. Dozens of kits. :lol: I was in the process of counting them when my alarm went off.

I know how you feel. I look foward to your post of nice healthy kits!

Oh my...poor little Amako! dozens of kits...wow :lol:

I was certain that Sophia wasn't pregnant. Didn't build a nest in the box, wasn't very fat, no real thickening in her body. And then one morning Mike comes in and says "did YOU put fur in the nestbox?" :eek: and there they were...8 squiqqly little fat rhino babies :D Good luck!

There's a little dent in the hay in the back of the nest box so I'm remaining hopeful but no fur or kits so far.

When Tristan was a newborn and I had baby kits at the same time, I would wake up in a total fog and trying to feed him, would think "why am I doing this? I should take it to it's mother, at least she'd know how to do it", thinking somewhere in my noggin that he was a baby rabbit. Sleeping (or not) does weird things to a person's heady-bone. (thats what my sibs used to call a skull, lol)

shrarvrs":3stn31sv said:
When Tristan was a newborn and I had baby kits at the same time, I would wake up in a total fog and trying to feed him, would think "why am I doing this? I should take it to it's mother, at least she'd know how to do it", thinking somewhere in my noggin that he was a baby rabbit. Sleeping (or not) does weird things to a person's heady-bone. (thats what my sibs used to call a skull, lol)
:lol: :rotfl:

Oh..gasp...that's hysterical! Tristan is lucky he didn't end up in the nestbox! :D

I remember those days well!! looking at that baby and thinking "HOW did you get here again, and WHEN are your parents coming to get you?" Talking to myself out loud until I realized the cats were looking at me funny...We are not so far from crazy as we like to think, a little sleep deprivation and isolation is all it takes! :lol:

I don't think feelings like that are uncommon with new moms... It's a lot of responsibility and we are not always as ready for it as we try to be. The reality is a lot harder to handle, especially when sleep deprived, than society would have us believe. It's been 35 years since I was a new mom... but I do remember feeling a bit overwhelmed at times.

Now we know how those clueless first time bunny-moms feel! :roll:

It was awful! can you imagine about the rabbits? lol, poor things their probably all, "mom! I'm falling apart!" the ones that cannablize are only afraid of death so they are trying to put the different parts back where they belong! LOL! (okay, if you read this post and think WTF?! then I will let you know now, my computer was hijacked by weird gorrilas and I think they broke into my accounts. ya know, if what I said was weirdo stuff. Or, someone can delete the Post. So remember, weirdo gorrilas said it. Not me. :p That is all. :) )

I tell ya..once the popples came out of the nest box, Sophia would greet me at the end of the cage as I entered the room. Now..you have to remember....Sophia is NOT a people bunny. She HATED being picked up. But once those little buggers started hopping around and following her to try to sneak some milk, she discovered just how COMFORTABLE it was up in my arm. I swear...one time they must have been particularly persistent, because she was climbing the cage wall and jumped into my arms when I opened the door!

Back