Don't you just love it when....

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So, I sold my meat mutts to focus on breeding Magpie Harlequin.

One of the does, Little Red Riding Hood, in my meat mutt group was a big sweetie... she would crowd the door of the cage for pets and nuzzle my hands... she let me kiss her face and was an all around good mom. I miss her....

Today I realized, my 3 leg show doe has replaced Little Red Riding Hood.... Kiki has been going to shows since she was 3 months old... I had a hard time getting her to have a litter and thought that she might never... she caught early summer and has been a wonderful mama.
She crowds the door... nudges my hand for pets... licks my hands ... no face kisses, but man does she help with having to part with Little Red Riding Hood.

I also have a grow-out, Rapunzel, she is a brood quality Magpie Harlequin... today she nudged my hand and placed herself right in my way... so I started petting her and she just stayed and relaxed under my hand.... she is on her way to becoming a favourite as well!!!

Most of the time, my does will tolerate me and allow me to pet them, but don't go out of their way to get pets.... so nice to now have two that are lovers!! <3

Kiki: at her first show
Kiki.jpg

Awe, I'm so glad she's stepped up to take the place of the beloved Little Red Riding Hood, she's such a beauty too. I mildly thought about trying to get into harlequins but I figured I'd try a bit harder to stay with my current goals and stop trying to goal hop :lol: They are just so lovely! Might be your fault posting such pictures of beautiful does and their fun litters. :3

I understand your dilemma, it's one reason no matter how many other breeds I have tried I always find myself coming back to my French Angoras. Even my shy rabbits run up to the door and want pets, they just don't appreciate being picked up and snuggled like my others do. I'm happy that another rabbit could find its way to that special place after having to let go of one that meant a lot to you.

What a beauty!!! Those sweet ones get your heart, don't they? :D I absolutely adore Harlequins. But with only 15 holes, I've been told they'd be too hard for us to breed for show. :cry: So I'll just live vicariously through your gorgeous buns! LOL! :p <br /><br /> __________ Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:52 pm __________ <br /><br /> @SarniaTricia So, we keep going back to Harlequins.... I just think they're beautiful. <3 My youngest son seems to be in love as well. :in_love: I also found you in my research of what was available around me! I wish I would've realized before Saturday. We drove up to Ionia just to check it out and I see that you were there. I don't remember seeing any harlequins at all! We saw one on a sign, but couldn't find it. We didn't stay too long and only came home with a BIG young Flemish doe for my husband for a pet :roll:

Anyways... I'd love to hear from you all the good and bad of breeding and raising harlequins, if you're willing :) Any experience you can share would be so appreciated.

Back