Dollar Tree - Salt spool hangers 12 for $1

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimmywalt

Reaction score
Not sure if it's been mentioned here before, but at Dollar Tree you can get a package of 12 "salt spool hangers" for $1. They are located by the shower curtains and are used to hold shower curtains to the rod above.

Don't waste your money at Family Farm & Home or Tractor Supply paying a lot for them.

In my reading it was said that the pellets have enough salt in them and not to mess with salt licks, because they quicken the rusting of the cages. It was said that if extra salt is needed to just sprinkle some table salt over the pellets. (info from: Storey's Guide to Raising Rabbits)

wamplercathy":8sd12n2p said:
In my reading it was said that the pellets have enough salt in them and not to mess with salt licks, because they quicken the rusting of the cages. It was said that if extra salt is needed to just sprinkle some table salt over the pellets. (info from: Storey's Guide to Raising Rabbits)

You are correct, pellets have enough salt.
However, some people like to provide salt and minerals for the rabbit's pleasure. (some bunnies enjoy licking at them)

When feeding without pellets, supplementing salt and minerals is more necessary.

Blocks are handy because it allows the rabbits themselves to decide how much they need. And, any time I can let them figure something out, it amounts to one less thing I need to micromanage .:D

Thanks for the heads up Jimmywalt! I'll check those out and see if they fit my pink salt blocks.

What Zass said, plus some feed isn't as fresh as need to be to have exactly what is on the back. Another thing, rabbits are individuals, even in nutritional needs, so gaps can be filled some times with the blocks. I feed a mixed diet, so still need the salt/minerals to insure the rabbits are getting enough of every thing even though about 75% (and decreasing) of their diet is commercial pellets.

Back