Doe with itchy ears?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Easy Ears

Reaction score
My doe (who just kindled yesterday) has itchy ears...I've noticed it for a little over a week now. I have shined a flashlight down both ears and have found nothing. No mites or debris. But when I gently squeeze the base of her ears she shakes her head and tries to scratch inside them. She hasn't itched herself raw or anything, but I can tell it's irritating her whatever it is. Would it be safe to pour a bit of olive oil down her ears, not knowing what the problem is? If this would be a good idea, then how much should I use? She is a 7 month old Holland Lop. Any ideas on what it could be or solutions to this problem would be much appreciated!

It should be fine to add 1/4 teaspoon of oil to each ear

If you think she might have a perforated ear drum then you shouldn't put anything in them but it takes quite a lot of trauma to cause that

Thanks! She seems to be fine now. I didn't do anything differently but I haven't noticed her itching any more. Not sure what it was, but if it comes back I'll try the oil. :) <br /><br /> -- Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:19 pm -- <br /><br /> Its back. :shock: She has another litter as well. Not sure what could be causing it. So odd. I should have Olive oil some where around here...would that work? I have avocado oil as well but I've heard avocado is poisonous to rabbits.

Latest posts

Back