Doe got it backwards.....

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KatzNetherlands

Reaction score
Okay, so I put my doe in the bucks cage today and he started chasing her around, clearly interested and then she turned on him, pinned him down and started going at it! :p I was as confused as him.... Now she is laying in the litter box asleep.... Time to put her back and try again later... But what was that all about? Dominance or just confusion?

I will leave her in there for a while... She is sleeping and he is munching hay.... maybe after her nap they might feel a little more frisky... lol Funny little rabbits....

Mine will do that too. It's just the courtship ritual, she's just playing hard to get! It's funny when they go round and round in the middle of the cage trying to get on top of each other. Even funnier when the buck gets it backwards and starts humping her head!

My young buck humped everything but the right thing....if ya know what I mean...he did finally get it figured out though

If you think that's funny, you should see my pair at it... A 15+ pound Flemmie, and her mate, a 5 pound lionhead. He's tiny, he's eager... he occassionally gets the angle wrong... but he's good at what he does (huge litters of little bunnies everytime).

If it was the buck doing everything, that would be okay.. but it was her... I separated her for now, will try again tonight or tomorrow...

I can't even imagine a flemmie and lionhead... that has to be hilarious! It is like chihuahua and great dane... lol

It really is kinda like a chihuahua and a dane. I saw her mount him once and thought "OMG, she's gonna squash him!" but he's resilient.
Even funnier is how she bucks him off, sending him up and he grabs himself and squeeeeels... then after a second laying on his side he climbs back on.

Back