Doe Behavior

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ptbunny8087

Reaction score
I have recently gotten a Holland doe that I would be my breeding doe. She isn't the nicest rabbit when ever I reach into the cage to pet her or grab he food bowl she always run away or try to bite me. She always wants me to pet her but once I do she runs away. Whenever I try to pick her up she growls and trying to bite me and squirms. Does anyone know why she does that?

She's in new surroundings and you are a new person to her. She is probably just agitated and scared. Try greeting her with a few treats while petting her as she gets settled in. Try covering her eyes while you pet her and give her a little time to get used to you before picking her up and when you do, cover her eyes with one hand while running your other hand around her body and under her belly to pick her up. My bunnies prefer black oil sunflower seeds as a treat. They become my best friends quick when I start handing that out.

Back