DH's poor cousin...

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
He got a female rabbit a while back from someone down the road, then took in my buck when I ran out of cage space. He tried breeding them, but no luck - either the doe was fixed, or was old enough to have some reproductive issues going on. Then that doe died sometime around T-giving I think? His other cousin got him two more for Christmas and was pretty sure they were does. He texted me today to ask how to know when they would be ready to breed and I told him sometimes as young as 12 weeks, but usually a bit older. He wasn't sure how old his were so I told him I would stop by and check them out... that does go by color change to the area so sometimes it's not easy to tell. He wasn't home so I just did a quick peek - the one I could get looked pretty tube-ish to me (aka buck), then the other was too far back in the hutch for me to reach (the hutch was built by one of the cousin's that's 6'8"... I'm 5'4" :roll: - I just bought a partially finished chicken coop from the same guy and will need a step stool to look in the nest boxes :lol: ) - but looking underneath, what do I see? Yep, testicles. The poor guy now has 3 bucks :? :lol: . I was hoping to get my other buck back since he's my tri colored so I can get some more harlequin color going, but just the little i could see of him looked a bit red and crusty :x ... yay syphilis.

I will say I have no earthly idea why he wants to breed rabbits... I can guarantee you not a single person in his family will eat them, but whatever (he's 20, living with mom, dad and sister).

With all these cousins I'm picturing the dukes of hazzard :lol: but seriously that sucks at least he Will have his own buck! Heritage don't you have some nice young does to help the poor guy out :D

Dwc77":3oxr16ch said:
With all these cousins I'm picturing the dukes of hazzard :lol: but seriously that sucks at least he Will have his own buck! Heritage don't you have some nice young does to help the poor guy out :D

Some days it's not far from it, it seems :lol: Young redneck boys! :roll:

I told him out of my 5 current grow outs, surely one is a female for him :cool:

Back