• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rabbit Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Dehydrated Rabbit Ears

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Schipperkesue

Reaction score
Whoda thunk it?

I was in the doggy store the other day and saw a package of dehydrated rabbit ears. There were 6 in the package and the price was $10. They looked just like old dried up rabbit ears. They were marketed as chew items for dogs.

The thread asking for pelts with ears on reminded me of this. I could make my fortune chopping the ears off my slaughtered rabbits and popping them in my dehydrator. Well, maybe not. Do you think this item might be sale-able in your neck of the woods?

Raw feeding is really catching on.

I don't know if I could get that kind of price though. Hmmm... I bet I could do well selling for .25 cents each.

Was the fur left on those ears? Someone who lives in a warm dry region could just set them out in the sun for a day or two...

JenerationX":36qimbvk said:
YUCK! The stuff dogs will chew on never ceases to amaze me.

A lot of people consider bully sticks to be one of the best dog chews in existence...Just look up what those are!

I'd rather my boys ate random dehydrated animal parts than commercial chemically treated rawhide, or wheat based dog biscuits. But...they will not touch anything with fur. :(

I'm sure any random dehydrated part is delicious to a dog.... but gross! I thoroughly enjoyed telling my ex what the bully stick was after he picked it up.

Zass":2vqzz0tx said:
JenerationX":2vqzz0tx said:

I'd rather my boys ate random dehydrated animal parts than commercial chemically treated rawhide, or wheat based dog biscuits. But...they will not touch anything with fur. :(

The items that are commercially dehydrated, the majority of them are dehydrated with harmful chemicals. It might be that I am just from an area that is really conscious of that type of thing but it is rather hard to find them unless you go to a big box pet store or walmart

JenerationX":1wlawmm7 said:
My shepherd was notorious about bringing home "The dead". Sad thing was I used it as a game with my daughter. "Guess what "the dead" was." My mother was giving her schnauzer a lot of those bull sticks and she got an impaction. So she no longer gets them. :lol:

Latest posts

Back