Cute and wooly lambs!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Farm Girl

Reaction score
First lambs of the spring, just arrived today.
Two little rams.
These were actually a mistake, one of the yearling rams got her...whoops (that is why the black is on them) :)

Attachments

• 00044.jpg
    00044.jpg
    296.3 KB · Views: 2,114
We had a yearling Jacob and a yearling Shetland ram in there, but we are thinking it was the Shetland.
The momma is Gulf Coast X hair sheep.

very cute... My kids want goats next year for the fair. I would like some sheep so I can spin the wool and spin it with the angora wool.

Frosted Rabbits":kchezufk said:
Isn't the Gulf Coast sheep one of the 'rare' breeds? Now I gotta go look up sheep breeds!

Yes I'm pretty sure they are rare.
We have not had a Gulf Coast ram, so we could never have full blood babies.

Yes, Gulf Coast are a rare breed. They're on the ALBC list as critical and are considered a landrace breed, meaning that they were developed purely to fit their environment and not to any standard. They're supposed to be pretty resistant to heat and parasites.

You should hunt down a ram ;)

Oh my goodness, how adorable!!! And SPOTTED too! As you can tell by my avatar, I have a special place in my heart for the spots! :D

Thanks,
They ARE totally adorable.:)
They have grown a lot now, drinking good mamas milk.

I'll try to get new pictures and post them here. We had one more lamb a couple days ago, but the mommy didn't have any milk so it is a bottle baby. I should be posting pictures on my blog if you want to look.:)

Well, I resisted looking at this thread for as long as I could. I LOVE lambs. they hop around and make life totally insane :) almost as bad as baby goats. but the goats aren't fuzzy :)

Very cute critters. And the spots are an excellent addition!

Ahh, the lambs have really started coming. We have had 5 ewes lamb.
These were all lambs that were not supposed to be. (the young rams bred the ewes before we were able to get the rams out of the pen)
We aren't very happy about it, but the lambs are still very cute.
I didn't feal like posting the pictures all over, but I posted a few on my blog. http://bluebellsandbunnies.anderslandfarm.com/

been avoiding this thread on purpose - me love baby sheeps, goats and cows :) foals too - aw heck rabbits, dogs, cats, guinea pigs ...

:D

glad they are doing well

OMG - tiny wiggly nosed mice babies once they start racing around? ADORABLE :)
something about mammalian babies (purposefully designed I know) really do make me OHHH and AHHHH

and Ann - ever seen angora goat babies? I would steal one if I saw it now I know I would ;)

Back