Head & Crown Evaluation - young kit

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WhWRabbitry

Reaction score
We have been considering selling one of our pedigreed does.
She has adorable kits but she has a narrow crown front to back and of course often passes that on. That's a trait I'd like to weed out. The buck has a great head and crown.
This is a kit from her current litter that we wondered if would be worth keeping to replace her. For those that are more experienced than me with evaluating Mini Lop crowns, I'd love to know how this little one's head & crown looks to you. She's only 2 1/2 weeks old. Any comments welcome.
Thank you.
Lilys doe 18 days.JPG

Lilys doe 18 days above.JPG <br /><br /> __________ Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:31 pm __________ <br /><br /> Hmm... not getting any responses here. Is there another thread this should be posted under instead?

I saw the post originally, but am no expert on lops, so beyond saying "She's adorable! The fact that her ears are lopping already is a good sign, and she has a wide head.", I can't tell you much, lol. Although I suspect she may have what is called a "slipped crown"- her ear placement seems a bit low to me.

I wish our member Peach was still active here- she has incredible mini lops! I'm sure she would give you a good evaluation.

Back