Crossbred litter fun colors!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Briza

Reaction score
We lost our mature Silver Marten buck this winter and until we can get with Emily to replace him :D we used our lynx Palomino buck on our 2 Black Silver Marten does. The litters are really interesting and we know not one thing about color genetics so anyone who wants to jump in and help out is very welcome! There are 7 in both litters. The most interesting thing is how half of them look like wild rabbits! And there seems to be a lilac? The very pale sliver one. 2 blues the darker solids and it is so interesting that where a Marten is white behind the neck is a beautiful peach color! Uhhhhh think we may have to build some cages....just so we can see what they turn in to. Help with info on this is welcome and also we have a different for us color of Lionhead in our litter this time. Opal? I just really don't know what to call any of this! Thanks for helping.
B~

Attachments

• DSC_0405.JPG
    382.7 KB · Views: 2,168
  • DSC_0410.JPG
    302.8 KB · Views: 2,168
  • DSC_0388.JPG
    301.1 KB · Views: 2,168
Very interesting! The first one looks like a lilac. The ones with the peach color behind their heads look like they are Agouti. The others look like Opals. I love the picture of the first one. Very cute.

Emily

The 1st looks like a very very light smoke pearl or smoke pearl marten (very very cute btw). The rest look like chestnut and opals.

Thanks - we WILL be watching. Sorry about the huge photos. I really found no place telling me how to post them. Will try for smaller next time. It will be fun to watch how they change and maybe I can get more opinions when they are to hoppin stage.
B~

Back