Crockpot Curry Rabbit

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dayna

Reaction score
So I rarely use the crock pot to cook, but I was feeling inspired to make up a new curry dish. :)

So I grabbed two rabbits that I butchered on Friday and re rinsed them. I filled the crock pot (it's a big one) 3/4 full with water.

I added Thai Red Curry paste. Just a squeeze. Stirred it up into the water. Added two rabbits bones and all. Quartered an onion, tossed that in there, tossed in some peppercorns for good measure. lol

I'll let that cook all day. This afternoon I'll cool it and pull the meat off the bones.

I will put one in the freezer for another night, and use the other one to make a curry dish tonight.

I'm thinking red curry, with fresh Thai Basil, onions, long thin eggplant, long beans and some brown rice.

I'll take a photo of the finished product and let everyone know how it turns out.

Annnnnd as expected I posted what I'm making for dinner on FB. Sigh. Within seconds, rabbits are pets not food chanting starts...

No, its only noon here! lol Rabbit is still crockpotting. :)

Kyle my name is Dayna Robertson on facebook (haha in real life too!) So add me!

You should have a +friend request from a certain Kyle Lawrence. OMG OUR FORUM NAMES ARE SO ORIGINAL, nobody would EVER guess 'em. LOL!!! ;) Sorry, had to go there. ;)

How much longer will the bun be in the pot??? :dinner:

Another couple of hours in the pot. :)

__________ Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:16 pm __________

994597_10200939708269662_756240314_n.jpg

It's not quite done yet, gotta crockpot a couple more hours but it smells soooooo good!

__________ Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:26 pm __________

Oh here is the recipe in case anyone wants to try it:

Fill crockpot up 3/4 way with water (make sure rabbit is submerged is the only real important measurement).
Add 1/4 cup Cock Brand Red Curry Paste (I will upload a photo soon of the package)
Add 4 peppercorns
Add 1 Large onion quartered.

Simmer till rabbit meat falling off bones.

Remove rabbit from the mixture, empty mixture out of pot (I strained it looking for more rabbit chunks!).

De-bone Rabbit.

Sautee in pan 2 table spoons olive oil and 1/4 cup Cock Brand Red Curry Paste. Cook almost like making a rue, add 1/4 cup water, mix it all in the pan very well.

Put that mixture in the (now empty) crock pot. Add 2 cups water. Add 3 cans Chaokoh Coconut milk. DO NOT skimp on the coconut milk. Not all milks are created equal. I suggest staying away from Parrot brand, it's mostly water.

Add the rabbit meat back to the crockpot. Add 1 fresh chopped up onion. Add long beans (or if you can't find them green beans work ok). Add 3 long skinny eggplants cut into chunks. Add 1 Hawaiian Hot pepper from my yard (or if you don't have a hot pepper tree lol add 1 very small hot pepper minus seeds). Also I like to add Thai Basil, it's slightly different than regular basil but regular basil works too!

Simmer in the crockpot for another couple hours. Cook some brown rice, pour over rice and enjoy!

__________ Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:39 pm __________

971284_10200939817552394_903632583_n.jpg

1001569_10200939818152409_1453410866_n.jpg
<br /><br />__________ Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:41 pm __________<br /><br />Finished product. Soooooo good!

1146516_10200940463288537_650452259_n.jpg

Latest posts

Back