Crab Bait

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pfaubush

Reaction score
The last time I went crabbing, we bought bait at one of the local shops. They had huge fish heads and rabbit heads. I haven't gone this route yet, but am thinking about checking into it. Seems a bit gruesome to me, but it would cut down on the offal some and maybe bring in a couple bucks.

It would certainly be a better use than burying them, and having all the neighbor's dogs digging them up and scattering them about :angry: ..... I sure hope they took some home to share with their owners :D

If you have a rabbit die fro unknown causes and don't want to chance eating it-- try composting the body in sawdust, when the bones are almost clean after a month or two, put them in a screen cage, and let the ants,beetles, whatever, finish the clening job.(dermestid beatles can be bought on line-- very effective bone cleaners) you then have a complete skeleton that you may be able to sell, or grind it up for use as bone meal.

If you know of any trappers in your area they'd probably be glad to get some of the offal.

I wonder what kind of reaction we might get down at the local park/public dock if we started using our rabbit heads for crab bait. Talk about NOT pc :lol:

But a very good idea!

nicnmike":344croez said:
Do you think the intestines would hold up as crab bait?
wonder how rabbit intestines would do as sausage casings?

hmm interesting. If you do end up using them for crab bait, let me know how it works out for you. I won't be going to FL any time soon, but I actually pondered that idea when I was fishing. I would think cat fish would really enjoy rabbit chunks.

Latest posts

Back