Color Impossibility v2

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jack

Reaction score
So My wife was given baby polish to grow out (head isn't there but has a good butt, which her line is weak on) as our friend doesn't like to drive into town were the pet store is, and her neighbor let his hawk go...

So it's a 'chocolate' out of two blues, which is making me think Lilac, but I have never seen the color, and even though he looks a little frosted, he actually looks pretty good color wise.

So, I know what I think he should be, how do I check? The eye color what?

Lilac and chocolate are pretty easy to tell apart just by coat but the eyes are also different. The color ring in the eye matches the coat color so chocolate for chocolate and grey(lilac) for lilac.

Ignore twix's grumpy attitude but it's the best pic I have of a chocolate with the chocolate eye ring showing
DSCN0033.jpg

And a Lilac with a narrow but visible color ring.
DSCN0036.jpg

Oh, so I guess I should mention, that there is no pedigree with the rabbit (she hates computers, so until it's a deff keeper, no need for the fuss)
but
it's a chocolate, my wife's friend actually kinda complained about his color, but she is curious as one one side there should be great color, the sire is a beautiful blue, but the broken black doe is from her super grandchamp buck, who still comes out afew times a year (at over 7) to take Best of Breed (it's kinda not fair, but there isn't a geriatric class, LOL)
but he still has a fluff coat LOL and has to be caught at just the right time to show, and he passes it on.

So she thinks the blue is stronger in the undercoat due to the daddy, and the the baby has gramps super fluff baby coat, but yeah, from the eyes and ear tips, it's a chocolate, and a sweet one at that.

12941_205345613416_509668416_4036290_1833730_n.jpg

Chocolate polish

I don't have a picture of a lilac polish but 2 dilutes cannot produce a full colour. So either it's not a chocolate or the pedigree is wrong.

Jack":385fdz7t said:
the sire is a beautiful blue, but the broken black doe is from her super grandchamp buck

So it's not actually out of two blues, but out of a broken black doe bred to a blue buck? In that case chocolate is not an impossibility :)

Latest posts

Back