Cloudy Eye (injured?)

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cattle Cait

Reaction score
One of the 4-H moms seeks my help, but since I've no idea what to do I'm relaying it to all ya'll smart people.

One of their does is acting blind in one eye. It is cloudy, she's favoring it, and her ear on that side is drooping. It sounds like she injured it to me. What can we do?

Thanks!

Reminds me of our old rooster, Napoleon, who crash-landed into a nest box coming down from the roost one day. He was concussed and we thought we were going to lose him, but he made a recovery. After a bit we realized he was blind in one eye and just not quite right. He lived another six months or so then died of complications from frostbite. Poor old Nap... best rooster we ever had.

None of which helps you in the slightest... Sorry for the digression. If they think it is an injury, rest and quiet are all I can suggest.

The bark is best in this case. It's the inner bark that has the anti-inflammatory and pain-killing substances. Very effective too, I might add. I chewed some for arthritis pain once when I was out of aspirin. Worked great.

The leaves are great bunny food, btw. High in protein and the buns love them.

Willows grow in Wyoming. Look along creeks, or for planted "weeping" or "corkscrew" willows in someone's yard...

Latest posts

Back