Cleaning a Very Dirty White Rabbit... ideas please!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TF3

Reaction score
I have decided to sell my NZW/Satin doe at a sale in about 10 days.
She is a good doe, but her kit growth rate isn't all that and I have to make some cuts.

She has been thoroughly sprayed by the buck next door.
She is a REW with a satin coat.
The pee was orange.

What is your go to for cleaning a pee covered rabbit? :x
How and with what?

Thanks!

I'd take a wet thin rag or many paper towels and wipe her down. I've had my DT get pee on their face before but never a whole body. :x Good luck with that!

When using baby wipes, and especially hand sanitizing wipes, make sure it is rabbit safe, and no chemicals because rabbits just love to lick themselves all over! ;)

A lot of "show people" use rubbing alcohol. I have an enzyme formula specifically formulated for rabbit urine and use that.

I've washed a young black short hair rabbit under warm running water with mild shampoo and towel dried. Don't know how a white rabbit would turn out but I don't see why it wouldn't work.

There are plenty of stain removing sprays available for horses that will take pee stains out of just about anything. Most formulas don't require rinsing, though I usually do. Here's a few you might find at your local feed or tack store:

• Shapley's Easy-Out
    ShowSheen Stain Remover & Whitener
    Cowboy Magic Greenspot
    Vetrolin Green Spot Out

You can also try using a little hydrogen peroxide in a spray bottle. Spray on, let it sit for a few minutes, then gently rub with a soft cloth. Peroxide has been used for quite some time as a whitening agent and it's fairly gentle as compared to the "bluing" in some whitening shampoos.

Latest posts

Back