Chickens again finally!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garnetmoth

Reaction score
We are still waiting on the coop, but made false cardboard tray bottoms for bedding, and have 6 Rhode Island Red pullets in 2 bunny hutches. They are quiet sweet girls.

We went up to the Troy Ohio swap, perused the birds, and one families setup looked a bit more clean, conscientious, and the animals were packed less tightly. (No ones animals looked poorly, but some were a tad more heat stressed, and some were fighty with eachother.)

they cooed and twittered on the way home. 5 like to be picked up, the 6th is just a touch hand-shy. Fun use of a Saturday!

They say theyd like a bit more room to play, were getting a coop-on-top, cage wire on bottom house built this week. they are all eating and drinking well, and even got fed a few pillbugs! I forgot to put out a slug board but its blowing and pouring outside so Ill be staying in!

Ill see if I can get the hubby to help me rig a run before classes start again- they are safe in a tall hutch, weve got scads of raccoons around here.

We are just on our 2nd litter of rabbits so we didnt have anything to actually barter, but its a nice place to see a variety of odds and ends and several different prices!

Chickens just moved back to our place (THANKS MK)

I love having chickens around :)

I love those swaps! Unfortunately we missed the "wings and whiskers" this year, ended up getting two leg horns and two mixed reds from our feed supply.

Man o war, those leg horns are good layers!

these girls are pretty sparing on the feed so far-
they LOVE fruit trimmings, cooked veg leftovers, and WORMS. we need to get some food grade diatomaceous earth to keep the flies down.

Back