Champagnes?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pfaubush

Reaction score
I have found some nice Champagne does, but don't know that much about them as far as being a good meat rabbit is concerned. If I were to use them in a crossbreeding program with NZ's, does anyone know if this would be a wise choice. They are not pedigreed, but are only going to cost me about $6 each. Would it be worth it to grow them out and cross them or should I pass? I know nothing of their grow out rates, bone to meat ratio, or feed conversion. Any info would be appreciated.

No personal experience with them, but I've heard they are a pretty good meat breed. At that price, if they are healthy, promising youngsters, I'd get a couple and see how they do. If you're not happy with them... well, they'll still make great rabbit pot pie.

Better than NZW's for sure. We sent a young Argente Brun out that way not long ago. The champagnes are hard to find and 6 dollars is an absolute steal!! I say go for it and they don't work out they are very meaty!

Back