Champagne D'Argents or Silver fox

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JessicaR

Reaction score
I am thinking of getting back into meat rabbits this summer a friend of mine whose kids are in 4H have those breeds along with New Zealands. So I am debating between Champagnes or SF, which do think would be a better choice? I am looking to just get a pair or at the most a trio since I really don't need a lot of rabbit meat. I want something that is going to be fairly friendly and easy to live with since the breeders will be kept as pets also.

They're both good rabbits.

Reasons why Champagne d'argents might be better:
From the ones I've seen they tend to have a bit better meat type. Also, the fur is lower maintenance, and they only come in one color, so you don't have to worry about mixing colors or getting unshowable colors pop up in litters.

Reasons why Silver Fox might be better:
They are really fluffy, and if you use pelts, they definitely have unique pelts there. They come in multiple colors, which is often interesting for the kids (though the blacks are the only recognized one, and I've heard some negative things about the temperaments of chocolates & lilacs). I've heard that the blacks (the bucks at least) have pretty good temperaments (while the champagnes don't have much personality)

Personally I'd go with the champagne, because I prefer their fur type and coloring

Latest posts

Back