Cat with swollen toe

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OneAcreFarm

Reaction score
So, our siamese mix, Skippy Jon Jones, came home day before yesterday limping. He won't walk on his back right foot at all. I think he was in a fight because there is a patch of fur missing from his side as well. I looked at his foot and one of the toes is very swollen and seems to be very tender, he does not like me touching it. I dont see any obvious injury but he won't let me really look at it well and the fur is hard to see around, but it is mostly just the ONE toe. Any ideas on what I can try before taking him to the vet?

Maybe someone can help you restrain him? I know what you're going through... Our Marilla hates to be interfered with. It takes two of us to trim her claws and even then it's a struggle.

My off the top of my head guess is that the cat has a sprained or broken toe - or possibly dislocated. Cats walk so easily on three legs that it is difficult to use that to gauge the severity of the injury.

I remember vividly when I was young taking a half-grown kitten to the vet, paying far more than I could afford for xrays etc., only to be told he had a "greenstick fracture" that would heal up on its own. "Just keep him quiet." Yeah, sure! :roll:

MaggieJ":3kk3ezll said:
Maybe someone can help you restrain him? I know what you're going through... Our Marilla hates to be interfered with. It takes two of us to trim her claws and even then it's a struggle.

My off the top of my head guess is that the cat has a sprained or broken toe - or possibly dislocated. Cats walk so easily on three legs that it is difficult to use that to gauge the severity of the injury.

I remember vividly when I was young taking a half-grown kitten to the vet, paying far more than I could afford for xrays etc., only to be told he had a "greenstick fracture" that would heal up on its own. "Just keep him quiet." Yeah, sure! :roll:

Skippy is a pretty laid back outdoor cat, so I think if hubs will hold him, we can get a better look at it. If he was a kid, I would call him my "ER frequent flyer" :lol: He is fearless, will take on anything! Our neighbor swears he saw him jump and take a swipe at a hawk that was trying to catch one of our smaller cats! :p I just want to make sure it is not infected and needing to be lanced or something. I have NO idea how we would "keep him quiet" either...duct tape? hehehe

Back