Can you help me with the colour of my mini rex buck Thanks

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi i've bought a little buck 9 weeks old. his mum is a harliequin and his dad is a broken havana. could anyone tell me what colour I should put him as. I'm hoping Honorine will see this post as I emailed her after reading her comments about magpie harliequins. Any help will be greatly appreciated thanks Debbie www.magicalrabbits.webs.com

Attachments

• GetAttachment1.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 2,536
  • GetAttachment3.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 2,536
  • GetAttachment.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 2,536
that's a mixed up bunny.

he's a light cream with magpie markings. you can't really call him anything i don't think.

Not the right markings to call him a tricolour.

I do wonder though....he's shaded kinda.....

Funky kit one way or the other though. :)

lol He must be kind of rare as the lady who advertised him was inundated with buyers for him but I had reserved him first just based on the first photo I saw as he was so unusual. When he is old enough I'll put him to a orange & black harliequin mini rex and also a fawn doe and an orange doe, all of which are babies at the minute so it will be next spring when I see the results. I'm just wondering if a magpie might pop out or am I being whey to hopefull there? I guess anything could happen.<br /><br />__________ Sun May 02, 2010 2:10 pm __________<br /><br />Here's another couple of pictures of him. His fur is definately white, then he has fawn patches a grey speckles and grey stripes.

Attachments

• rcompressed.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 2,530
  • compressed 2.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 2,530
Hello MagicalRabbits and welcome to RabbitTalk! :hi:

That is a very pretty and unusual bunny... and I'll bet, from his expression, that he has plenty of character too! He should make pretty babies when you breed him to your girls. :)

Hi & thanks for the welcome, he is a littlle character and today he was pinching my 2 1/2 yr olds iron man toys, My little boy was not amused but he still loves the bunny x

He's a Sable Pointed Magpie, the fawn colour will fade with age :) Or in other words he's genetically a torted harlequin with a chin gene. You can tell he has the tort (or sable point) by the smut on his nose and the creaminess of his white :)

Welcome to the forum.

Wow, he's really interesting looking Magical, very different than what I imagined. I think Devon has hit it on the head, he really does look shaded. He's got the darker on the top lighter on the sides with leg swirls that you see in non-extension colors when their young, and as already stated it does fade. Very neat looking, glad you were able to post pictures, and welcome to the board!!!

Hey thanks for the advice, it's very intersting what you have said. At what age do you think he will change in colour?
I will come back and update you with pictures of him. Is he quite rare then? or just a mismatch lol ! & thankyou everyone for welcoming me to the site, I have read a few forums and found them very intresting.

I don't think it matters if he is "rare" or "just at mismatch" if you are raising rabbits for the pet market. People want healthy, friendly rabbits with pretty markings... and he should certainly add those characteristics to any litter he sires.

Over here in England it seems to matter that you name your bunny's colour correctly...lol I have tried asking several breeders what he could be and they have just said he is not breedable! So I came here and i like the answer i have been given. I'll proudly put it on my website and refer to rabbittalk if anyone over here questions it lol. I don't go to shows or anything here either as it is far too serious and i'm disabled after having a baby that weighed 10lb 11oz at 35 weeks ( i have a 17yr old and a 19 yr old too!) So Bunny's are my enjoyment in life & I want it to stay fun. I have just posted a video of my polish x mini rex babies on youtube if you like to see it look up Trudy's baby's our polish seems to be the same as your britannia petite. Thanks

I know this is an old thread.. but was wondering how he looks now.. I was gonna say a diluted harlequin.. but I´d really love to see him now a bit more grown up ;)

Latest posts

Back