Can my rabbit eat Millet Seeds?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olafthebunny

Reaction score
I don't know if this has already been asked but.... can my rabbit eat millet seeds? I know a few good seeds but don't know about these. I have just picked out a bunch from some wild bird seed and am wondering if rabbits can eat them. I know hamsters can. I have looked this up and pulled up a bunch of articles on this but haven't found anything good. I won't give Olaf any before I can get some answers. Thanks:) :bunnyhop:

They can. Dunno how interesting or nutritionally useful it is but it shouldn't be a problem. Rabbits get into wild bird seed if possible and you can feed chia for the same benefits as flax but being about the size of millet it isn't eaten as well and it's difficult to contain in an easy to feed way so it's not generally used on purpose.

Yeah, they like to snack on bird seeds, straight grains to different degrees such as most love oat groats but they are not usually real thrilled with barley, you can make mashes out of ground grains or beet pulp (don't feed too heavy of molasses that is sometimes found in beet pulp).... If you just want to give them a treat. I used to make a christmas mash for my guinea pigs because I kept a powdered emergency food replacement for hand feeding and it would expire every year so I'd mix that with dissolved pellets and ground grains with a little fruit juice and chopped veggies.

Back